My New "Boss Lady" Desk | Blogmas Day 10

Hey Everyone,

For years now, I've dreamed of working for myself, having my own company/business and working from home. It even got to the stage that I had (have) pinboards on Pinterest of different home offices and desks that I've dreamed to have because for years I had the same simple white desk (see image below), and now I've put these photos on my physical Inspiration Board.
(Image from: http://www.argos.co.uk/product/2465818 )

And now, I have a new desk (it was originally my dad's but he doesn't need such a big desk anymore so, to my excitement, we swapped desks). Since it got moved into my room I've referred to it as my "Boss Lady Desk", I know it sounds werid but it makes me feel motivated to work, it makes me feel more grown up (because I've actually had space for everything that I want/need to do) and I may or may not be excited about the amount of drawer space (there's so much, I've actually got the room for extra stuff!!!! Beforehand my drawers were bursting at the seams and everything would fall out when I opened the drawer). I also feel like I've already got my own company and this is where I come up with incredible ideas (I can dream aha)

Also, I came up with a cheesy saying, an altered version of one we've always heard when someone talks about school/work (I basically altered the concept of "dress for success"), "why dress for success when you can DESK for success". I'll give you a minute so you can roll your eyes...... yeah, I don't know why I thought it was good, but then I thought of some metaphorical meaning from it (I do English Literature so we're taught to come up with random reasoning some of the time); they say that "tidy house, tidy mind" so why can't the same be said about the funiture we have, we should be excited, inspired and motivated to work so why not spend that extra bit of money for that bit of stationary/piece of furniture you actually want rather, than the Poundland alternative (and that way you'll use it more- ultimately saving you money in the long run).

For no reason at all, besides for my happiness, I've included pictures of my desk and Inspiration Board below (and yes, I am aware that for a blog post I did an appreciation post for a piece of furniture - the best thing is, I'm not even sorry that I did!) This desk makes me feel like I'm trapped in a Pinterest board, I love natural wood tones too and every feature of this desk is amazing. Long story short I LOVE MY DESK!!!!




I hope you enjoyed this strange post about my new Boss Lady Desk!
Annie Xxx

Comments

Popular Posts