Sometimes change is good | Blogmas Day 9

(This post was in my drafts folder from the 30th May 2016 when I was finishing Year 11 - and I thought I'd share it with you, as it could inspire you).


Hey Everyone,

Today, I was bored. What a great start? *laughs* Whilst I was bored, I decided to cut my hair. Have a wispy fringe with pieces of hair to frame my face. But then I just thought "Change is Good" and BOOM inspiration for a blog post. This may be different to what I normally write or it may not be - I love reading stuff like this so I wanted to give it a go myself. 

It feels like I've always hated change; moving house, going to secondary school, changing my state of mind and friendship group. I hate it. (And if you know me in person, then you know I really don't "hate" anyone or anything - it's not in my nature). 

But recently - as in this week - I've thought change happens for many reasons, some we know the reason, others we'll never know. But we can't dwell on it; I know, I can't really say that (as I always dwell) but a while ago, my life felt like it got turned upside down: exams started, I finish secondary school in a few weeks, so many of my friends and class mates are leaving - who I may never see or talk to again - I'll get my results in the summer, I start sixth form in a couple of months and then have to decide what career I want to spend the rest of my life doing and I changed. Like I said before, change is good, but, in my case, hopefully it shows it was for good soon. I took a MAJOR leap back and looked at my life from an outsider's opinion. I was still acting like a child, that 11 year old afraid of moving to secondary school. The one who was happy in her little bubble (with included creative writing, blogging - sort of - and happiness and not caring) but now that bubble has finally popped. I've grown up mentally. 

I've grown up with a wonderful group of friends, they are all amazing, smart and beautiful people. But, like I've said, grown up with. We helped each other through pretty much anything and everything. And then, I felt I couldn't help them anymore. They all got really close and then there was me. I still talk to all of them but I felt I was draining the friendship. Now, I'm with a new group who have welcomed me with open arms. My old group all seem very happy and I'm happy for them and wish them all the best for the future. 

My new group of friends are absolutely wild!!! (In an extremely good way - just like me). For example, the first day I sat with them, they broke a chair, it's one of the school ones and it just split down the back. They were messing around and no one realised that that would happen - I guess you could only be there to really understand and laugh about it.

The transition of moving friendship groups, was extremely difficult for me. I've had a history of friends and those who weren't as good friends. So, this move from that great group of people was hard but I feel has helped both me and them and will definitely in the long run. But this made me question ALL my friendships. But one of newer best friends, Megan, took me under her wing and knew exactly what to do to help me. 

The people in the old group helped me so much, but couldn't help me anymore. But my new group/the group I joined can make me laugh and smile in an instant. Although, I can't compare the groups as they are all wonderfully different.

A bit of a random post today. Also, extremely wordy. Overall, I want to tell you, that change can be a scary and horrible thing at the time, but there's a reason for it. Take a step back and have a look, how can it make you a better person and your life better.

I hope you have a WONDERFUL day. See ya later!
Annie Xxx

Comments

Popular Posts